The Christopher Dodge House has always been committed to the safety and well-being of our guests and staff. As Rhode Island and the City of Providence enter Phase 3 of reopening, we want to make sure you feel comfortable about your stay at our bed and breakfast.
Since we’re a small property, that means less guests, hence the phrase Stay Small, Stay Safe, Stay Inn! Below are some of the the new protocols that we have put in place, to help put your mind at ease.
- Rhode Island Department of Health requires all out-of-state visitors to complete this certificate of compliance with out-of-state travel quarantine/testing requirements and out-of-state travel screening form upon arriving in Rhode Island. We will provide the certificate of compliance to our guests upon check-in.
- If you are traveling to Rhode Island from one of these states with a COVID-19 positivity rate of higher than 5%, you must quarantine for 14 days and self-monitor for symptoms.
- As an exception, you may provide proof of a negative test for COVID-19 that was taken within 72 hours before arriving in Rhode Island.
- RIDOH recommends that people get tested for COVID-19 in their home state, if possible.
- For more details, please visit the RIDOH website.
Check-in, Check-out, and Guest Expectations
- Our check-in process will be in person (masked with a smile in our eyes) while keeping a 6’ distance. If you would prefer a self check-in, please let us know.
- Guests will be given a verbal tour in the lobby and directions to their room.
- All guests are required to wear face coverings while inside common areas of the building at all times.
- Guests are responsible for maintaining 6 feet of social distance between other guests and staff members by all means possible.
- Check-out will be contactless. Upon departing, we ask guests to leave the key in the doorknob of their room or the key basket on the office door. A receipt will be emailed to you.
- Guests who are experiencing or have been exposed to another person with any symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days should contacts us to reschedule their stay for a later date.
- We are using disinfectants and sanitizers approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization
- Guest rooms will not receive daily housekeeping service unless requested. We are happy to provide you with fresh towels or other rooms amenities by request.
- Gloves and masks will be worn by our staff while cleaning rooms.
- Disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer is provided throughout the property.
- Weather permitting, we will leave windows open in between stays to increase air flow and sunshine.
- Guest rooms will be vacant for 24 hours in between stays.
- We’ve increased the overall frequency of cleaning and sanitizing common areas.
Food & Beverage Service
- In efforts to practice social distancing, guests will be asked to sign up for a breakfast time slot upon arrival.
- Monday-Friday: 7:30AM-8:30AM or 8:30AM-9:30AM
- Saturday & Sunday: 8:00AM-9:00AM or 9:00AM-10:00AM
- We will be offering 2 hot breakfast options along with the continental. Masks are to be worn while picking up your breakfast tray in the dining room.
- Guest may enjoy their breakfast in either the dining room (tables are spaced accordingly), the sitting room, outdoor patio area, or of course, in their room. We are requesting no more than 5 guests in these public areas at one time.
- All snacks and beverages are individually wrapped and served in a fashion that prevents unnecessary touching.
- The use of our Keurig and hot water kettle are available for guest use 24 hours a day. We have provided disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer to be used before and after use.
A Healthy Workplace
- Staff are required to wear face coverings at all times. Disposable gloves will be worn while handling food.
- Staff are responsible for maintaining 6 feet of social distance between other staff members and guests by all means possible.
- Continue to practice frequent hand washing and sanitizing especially when in contact with guests and their personal belongings.
- Staff will monitor their own health and temperature checks.
Updated: September 17, 2020