The Christopher Dodge House has always been committed to the safety and well-being of our guests and staff. While Rhode Island continues to make progress in the fight against COVID-19 we want to make sure you feel comfortable about your stay at our bed and breakfast. Since we’re a small property, that means fewer guests, hence the phrase Stay Small, Stay Safe, Stay Inn!
Rhode Island state Governor Dan McKee announced in accordance with CDC guidelines as of May 18, 2021, those who are fully vaccinated no longer need to wear masks. To be considered fully vaccinated, you are two weeks past your second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or two weeks past your one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Therefore, we have implemented the new mask policy. Please read on for further information.
Travelers Arriving in Rhode Island
If you’re traveling to Rhode Island from a location within the United States (US) or US territories, you’re not currently required to quarantine or get tested after arrival whether or not you’re vaccinated.
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requires all air passengers arriving in the United States (US) from any foreign country to provide a negative COVID-19 test result from no more than 3 days before travel or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 in the past 3 months before boarding a flight to the US.
If you’re traveling to Rhode Island from a location outside the US or US territories, you’re not currently required to quarantine or get tested after arrival whether or not you’re vaccinated.
*For more information on Traveling to Rhode Island, please visit the Rhode Island Department of Health COVID-19 Information webpage.
Below are some of the new protocols that we have put in place,
to help put your mind at ease during your stay.
Check-in, Check-out, and Guest Expectations
- Our check-in process will be in person while keeping a 3’ distance.
- Guests will be given a socially distanced tour and brought to their room.
- All guests who are NOT fully vaccinated are required to wear face coverings while inside common areas of the building at all times. (as of May 18, 2021)
- Guests are responsible for maintaining 3 feet of social distance between other guests and staff members by all means possible.
- Check-out will be contactless. Upon departing, we ask guests to leave the key in the doorknob of their room or the key basket on the office door. A receipt will be emailed to you.
- Guests who are experiencing or have been exposed to another person with any symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days should contact us to reschedule their stay for a later date.
- We are using disinfectants and sanitizers approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization
- Guest rooms will not receive daily housekeeping service unless requested. We are happy to provide you with fresh towels or other room amenities by request.
- Disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer are provided throughout the property.
- Weather permitting, we will leave windows open in between stays to increase airflow and sunshine.
- We’ve increased the overall frequency of cleaning and sanitizing common areas.
Food & Beverage Service
- Breakfast service will be offered from 7:30-9:30 AM during the week and 8:00-10 AM during the weekend. You will be asked to choose a seating time on the day of your check-in and for additional days of your stay.
- We will be offering a hot breakfast option along with the continental.
- Guest may enjoy their breakfast in either the dining room (tables are spaced accordingly), the sitting room, the outdoor patio area (weather permitting), or of course, in their room. We do require masks to be worn in the dining room by all guests who are NOT fully vaccinated unless seated and actively eating.
- All snacks and beverages are individually wrapped and served in a fashion that prevents unnecessary touching.
- The use of our Keurig and hot water kettle are available for guest use 24 hours a day. We have provided disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer to be used before and after use.
A Healthy Workplace
- Staff who are NOT fully vaccinated are required to wear face coverings at all times. Disposable gloves will be worn while handling food.
- Staff is responsible for maintaining 3 feet of social distance between other staff members and guests by all means possible.
- Continue to practice frequent hand washing and sanitizing especially when in contact with guests and their personal belongings.
- Staff will monitor their own health and temperature checks.
Updated: June 29, 2021