The Christopher Dodge House has always been committed to the safety and well-being of our guests and staff. As Rhode Island and the City of Providence enter Phase 3 of reopening, we want to make sure you feel comfortable about your stay at our bed and breakfast.
Since we’re a small property, that means less guests, hence the phrase Stay Small, Stay Safe, Stay Inn! Below are some of the the new protocols that we have put in place, to help put your mind at ease.
- We are using disinfectants and sanitizers approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
- Guest rooms will not receive daily housekeeping service unless requested. We arehappy to provide you with fresh towels or other rooms amenities by request.
- Gloves and masks will be worn by our staff while cleaning rooms.
- Disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer is provided throughout the property.
- Weather permitting, we will leave windows open in between stays to increase air flow and sunshine.
- Guest rooms will be vacant for 24 hours in between stays.
- We’ve increased the overall frequency of cleaning and sanitizing common areas.
Check-in, Check-out, and Guest Expectations
- Rhode Island currently has travel restrictions in place for states listed here with a positivity rate of COVID-19 greater than 5%. Please click this link for more detailed information. Guests from those states will need to fill out a Certificate of Compliance upon arrival at the inn.
- We have cut the available rooms in half to 7 to ensure proper social distancing is followed. This will be in place for as long as needed.
- Our check-in process will be in person (masked with a smile in our eyes) while keeping a 6’ distance. If you would prefer a self check-in, please let us know.
- Guests will be given a verbal tour in the lobby and directions to their room.
- All guests are required to wear face coverings while inside common areas of the building at all times.
- Guests are responsible for maintaining 6 feet of social distance between other guests and staff members by all means possible.
- Check-out will be contactless. Upon departing, we ask guests to leave the key in the doorknob of their room or the key basket on the office door. A receipt will be emailed to you.
- Guests who are experiencing or have been exposed to another person with any symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days should contacts us to reschedule their stay for a later date.
Food & Beverage Service
- In efforts to practice social distancing, guests will be asked to sign up for a breakfast time slot upon arrival. We will be offering 2 hot breakfast options along with the continental. Masks are to be worn while picking up your breakfast tray in the dining room.
- Guest may enjoy their breakfast in either the dining room (tables are spaced accordingly), the sitting room, outdoor patio area, or of course, in their room. We are requesting no more than 5 guests in these public areas at one time.
- All snacks and beverages are individually wrapped and served in a fashion that prevents unnecessary touching.
- The use of our Keurig and hot water kettle are available for guest use 24 hours a day. We have provided disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer to be used before and after use.
A Healthy Workplace
- Staff are required to wear face coverings at all times and disposable gloves while cleaning.
- Staff are responsible for maintaining 6 feet of social distance between other staff members and guests by all means possible.
- Continue to practice frequent hand washing and sanitizing especially when in contact with guests and their personal belongings.
- Staff will monitor their own health and temperature checks.