The Christopher Dodge House has always been committed to the safety and well-being of our guests and staff. As Rhode Island and the City of Providence continue with Phase 3 of reopening, we want to make sure you feel comfortable about your stay at our bed and breakfast. Since we’re a small property, that means fewer guests, hence the phrase Stay Small, Stay Safe, Stay Inn!
Currently, we can host guests from any state that has less than 5% positivity without any quarantine or testing requirements. This includes all New England states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont) and New York.
Please check here to see where your state stands.
The Rhode Island Department of Health also requires guests to agree to sign a Certificate of Compliance and complete a Travel Screening Form attesting that all visitors in the party have or plan to complete a 14-day quarantine before or during your stay in Rhode Island ~or~ that all visitors in the party have tested negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours of arrival in Rhode Island.
Travel to Rhode Island after Vaccination
If you’re fully vaccinated, you do not need to quarantine if:
- You’ve gotten a final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, that is either FDA approved or received an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA), at least 14 days before your last exposure or out-of-state travel and
- You haven’t had symptoms of COVID-19 since your last exposure or out-of-state travel.
Vaccinated travelers are still encouraged to get a COVID-19 test between 5 and 10 days after out-of-state travel. Always watch for symptoms for a full 14 days after travel. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, isolate at home and get tested.
Below are some of the new protocols that we have put in place, to help put your mind at ease.
Check-in, Check-out, and Guest Expectations
- Our check-in process will be in person (masked with a smile in our eyes) while keeping a 6’ distance. If you would prefer a self-check-in, please let us know.
- Guests will be given a socially distanced tour and brought to their room.
- All guests are required to wear face coverings while inside common areas of the building at all times.
- Guests are responsible for maintaining 6 feet of social distance between other guests and staff members by all means possible.
- Check-out will be contactless. Upon departing, we ask guests to leave the key in the doorknob of their room or the key basket on the office door. A receipt will be emailed to you.
- Guests who are experiencing or have been exposed to another person with any symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days should contact us to reschedule their stay for a later date.
- We are using disinfectants and sanitizers approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization
- Guest rooms will not receive daily housekeeping service unless requested. We are happy to provide you with fresh towels or other room amenities by request.
- Gloves and masks will be worn by our staff while cleaning rooms.
- Disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer are provided throughout the property.
- Weather permitting, we will leave windows open in between stays to increase airflow and sunshine.
- We’ve increased the overall frequency of cleaning and sanitizing common areas.
Food & Beverage Service
- Breakfast service will be offered from 7:30-9:30 AM during the week and 8:00-10 AM during the weekend. You will be asked to choose a seating time on the day of your check-in and for additional days of your stay.
- We will be offering a hot breakfast option along with the continental.
- Guest may enjoy their breakfast in either the dining room (tables are spaced accordingly), the sitting room, outdoor patio area (weather permitting), or of course, in their room. We do require masks to be worn in the dining room unless seated and actively eating.
- All snacks and beverages are individually wrapped and served in a fashion that prevents unnecessary touching.
- The use of our Keurig and hot water kettle are available for guest use 24 hours a day. We have provided disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer to be used before and after use.
A Healthy Workplace
- Staff is required to wear face coverings at all times. Disposable gloves will be worn while handling food.
- Staff is responsible for maintaining 6 feet of social distance between other staff members and guests by all means possible.
- Continue to practice frequent hand washing and sanitizing especially when in contact with guests and their personal belongings.
- Staff will monitor their own health and temperature checks.
Please visit the Rhode Island Department of Health COVID-19 information site for more details on Rhode Island travel.
Updated: March 29, 2021